How to send a single e-mail notification containing items from the Change Request Class AND the Review Class. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I'm trying to generate e-mail notifications to reviewers when users request software via the portal. I want the e-mail to contain information specific to the change request so the reviewers can make a decision to approve or disapprove. I want for them to be able to reply with [Approved] via the exchange connector. I am able to get all the information about the Change Request, but the RA number that I need to be able to put into brackets for the Reply is coming from the 'Contains Activity' and is an array delimited by ;. Can I reference the Review class as well? Or can I use powershell within the e-mail template to manipulate the string as needed? Or can I use the insert in a way that allows me to specify the item in the array (example - $Context/Path[Relationship='CoreActivity!System.WorkItemContainsActivity' TypeConstraint='WorkItem!System.WorkItem']/Property[Type='WorkItem!System.WorkItem']/Id(0)$)  ?

Below is a sample of what the output of my notification e-mail currently looks like.

Reason - I need this software to do my job. I am twiddling my thumbs until you approve it.
    DisplayName - 129: Install Simple Testing Package
    Requested by User Name - Steve Bobosky
    Department - Consulting Group 
    Description - End-user portal software request
    WORKID-CR129
    ContainsActivity-Portal-Machinename- MyAwesomeLappy
    PackageID- ZIT00003
    ContainsActivity- RA130; AC131

Steve Bobosky - ConfigMgr MVP - www.systemcentertools.com - systemcentertools.blogspot.com
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 11:30 PM

All replies

• As I haven't received a response to this, my understanding is that Service Manager cannot send an e-mail containing information about the change request AND the review information in the same e-mail. At least not without using Opalis or a custom developed Management Pack.

So our best work-a-round is to send two e-mails. One that can be replied to with [approved] or [denied], and the other containing information about the change request.

Steve Bobosky - www.systemcentertools.com - systemcentertools.blogspot.com
    Monday, April 25, 2011 6:26 PM
  • As workaround I create additional workflow. That workflow add to Description field of review activity info about CR. Workflow start after review activity created.
    http://opsmgr.ru
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 10:30 AM