SFB Client translation issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

We have had a translation error in the Lync 2013/SFB 2105 and SFB 2016 for years, and I need an answer to all the customers in Sweden regardning when we can expect these taken care of.

In the Client, when you do a screen sharing session on a computer with 2 or more monitors, you have the choice to share your "Primary monitor" or "Monitor 2", "Monitor 3" etc. All makes sense until you try to do the same in a Swedish version of the Client.

The Word Monitor can be used in two ways.
    "Monitor a network" or a service, but also "Computer Monitor" meaning the actual screen.
    So in the Swedish version we have the option to share "Network monitor 2", or "Övervaka 2" in Swedish.

This has been the case for 2-3 years.
    We can we report this to get it fixed?

There are also some other translation errors to add to the list.

Thursday, September 22, 2016 11:49 AM

Answers

• For translation issues, you can open a support ticket, or you can post to www.skypefeedback.com.  Though translation issues aren't uncommon... I think there's an Exchange Technet article that references the Information Store when translated becomes the Information Supermarket. :)  Sorry, but we don't have ton of control over that here otherwise as this is a community support forum more than direct Microsoft Support option (though Microsoft representatives do float around).

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

• Edited by Anthony CaragolMVP Thursday, September 22, 2016 3:34 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Friday, September 23, 2016 5:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alice-Wang Tuesday, October 11, 2016 12:58 PM
    Thursday, September 22, 2016 3:33 PM