none
copype exits BAT file RRS feed

• Question

• I installed 2013 versions of 

Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) Download

Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) Download

I run "Employment and Imaging Tools Environment" cmd in Administrative mode.

I then run a BAT file which has a line

copype amd64   h:\WinPE_amd64

After copype runs (which says successful), it appears to have exited the BAT file and not continued to the next command line.

Why is this occurring?

Thanks in advance.

Saturday, January 3, 2015 6:11 PM

Answers

All replies

• What are you actually attempting to do? What is the end result you're looking for? If you are using MDT, you shouldn't need to evoke the ADK tools manually (unless you have some requirement to do so.)

-Nick O.

Monday, January 5, 2015 5:06 PM
  • I have several technical reasons that I need to use a BAT file containing a "copype" command line along with other lines of commands in the BAT file.

Usually, a command returns after executing and then the next command is executed in the BAT file. For some unknown reason, when "copype" finishes executing, it causes the BAT file to exit rather than executing the following command line. Why?

Monday, January 5, 2015 10:22 PM
  • CopyPE.cmd is a command built into the ADK, and is *NOT* used within MDT, MDT has it's own process for building LitetouchPE_x??.wim images.
    Best to take ADK questions to the general ADK group.

Additionally, if you call a batch script from within another batch script, you must use the "Call" Qualifier.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 12:08 AM
  • Keith - Thanks for the clarification.

I missed the fact that CopyPE was a cmd so obviously requires the "Call" Qualifier.

I find the MDT versus ADK documentation confusing.

Specifically, looking at CopyPE, technet shows CopyPE under the "Windows Deployment Tools Technical Reference". As it drills down on the left sidebar tree, no mention is made of ADK or in the Copype discussion. Why is there no mention that CopyPE is ADK in the reference? Thanks

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 11:32 PM