Configure System Center Essentials to monitor SQL server RRS feed

• Question

• We are in the process of virtualizing serveral servers including SQL server.  I would like to obtain Information on our current SQL server so that the host hardware can be appropriately sized.  How can I use System Center Essentials to give me information on critial SQL performance measurments such as memory usage, cache, page faults ect?  I have several KB article on how to do this manually; but would like to have this automated with System Center if possible.

Thank you,

kn
    Wednesday, August 3, 2011 12:07 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Keith,

What are the versions of your SCE Server and SQL Server?

For general information, please read the following thread:

Monitor SQL Server Database Growth
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/systemcenter/thread/a5380c6c-d51e-407e-be55-56ead0db38f8

And you can download the SQLServer MP Guide from the link below:

SQL Server Monitoring Management Pack
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en%2cen&id=10631

In the Guide, you will find more details about what SQL server's information can be monitored by Essentials server and how.

Thanks,

Yog Li -- Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Yog Li Monday, August 8, 2011 9:50 AM
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 9:45 AM
  • We are using System Center Essentials 2010 and SQL 2008 R2.

Thank you,

kn
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 11:12 AM
  • Hello Keith,

Is there any updated information? As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as "Answered" as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios.

In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.

Thanks,

Yog Li -- Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, August 8, 2011 9:50 AM