Shared Outlook 2016 Quick Parts RRS feed

• Question

• How would I share my quick parts I've created, or create a shared document that Outlook 2016 will pull from for each of my team members Outlook 2016 client? We have a shared exchange account and shared network folders. If possible, I don't want to export and import to each person. I would like a shared .dotx that, once updated, would be able to just restart outlook and provide the updated quick parts. Make sense?

I did check and could not find the answer i'm looking for in previous questions, so sorry if it's a repeat that's already been answered. 

Friday, January 19, 2018 5:30 PM

All replies

• I found the answer to my question. Thank you to anyone who would have answered this. Here's the answer. 

You have to save the template (.dotx) with the quick parts made to a network folder and add a registry key to have Outlook load that file in the network folder on start. 

• Marked as answer by DGTexan Friday, January 19, 2018 7:44 PM
    • Edited by DGTexan Friday, January 19, 2018 7:45 PM adding details
    • Unmarked as answer by DGTexan Friday, January 19, 2018 9:31 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Yuki SunMicrosoft contingent staff Monday, January 22, 2018 2:49 AM
    Friday, January 19, 2018 7:44 PM
  • I found the answer to my question. Thank you to anyone who would have answered this. Here's the answer. 

You have to save the template (.dotx) with the quick parts made to a network folder and add a registry key to have Outlook load that file in the network folder on start. 

Hi DGTexan,

Great to see that your issue has been resolved and thanks so much for sharing the resolution!

Could you please also clarify the registry key you added and then mark your post as answer to close the thread? This will definitively help a lot of others who might have a similar question to search for the answer. Many thanks for your understanding and support :)

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, January 22, 2018 2:53 AM