Querying desktop certificate store RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Wanted to ask a question please.

I am trying to understand the following request, I have no certificate knowlege (as you will find out as you read on!). I am trying to find out the following -

Desktop migration: Customer has a non-locked down environment and end users are able to install their own "stuff". They are worried that some users have installed content that includes certificates which are required for these apps to run. They want to audit their desktop machines to find out is there any additional certs to the ones that are issued through AD that they will need to migrate.

I dont understand certificates or store etc. so am at a bit of a loss, any input gratefully received. Certutil seems to be the OOB tool to do the job. I ideally need to automate this via script etc - clients are all AD members

My research has suggested that i only need to worry about the personal store?

thanks,

ps. can trade for any internals/performance/boot performance/debugging questions :)

Thursday, March 31, 2011 2:04 PM

All replies

• Johnny

Hope you havn't been waiting all this time without progress. Check out this post on using a script to remotely query the list the certificates http://www.sapien.com/forums/scriptinganswers/forum_posts.asp?TID=2883

I think you need to be thinking about the personal store but you need to do this for the local computer account as well as the user account.

Mike

If a post is helpful, please take a second to hit the green arrow on the left, or mark as answer, thanks

MCITP: Lync, Exchange 2010 & Server Administrator

Blog
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 9:35 PM