none
New disk in the same DPM Server RRS feed

• Question

• I have a new disk array on my existingp DPM 2010 server.  DPM is able to see the new array as a new disk in the Management console.  I want to stop D2D backup to my old array and just start D2D backup on the new array.  Since I only have a week long retention policy, I don't really care if I loose all data on the existing disk.  Is there a way I can tell DPM to stop using the existin array and start using the new array?

Thanks.

Friday, February 11, 2011 7:40 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Yes, you can shutdown the server and physically remove the OLD disk array that dpm was using, then boot the server and go back into the DPM Storage pool and you will see the disk as Missing. 

To use the NEW storage:

1. Add the new disk to the DPM storage pool.
    2. Open up an administrative command prompt and run “DpmSync –ReallocateReplica” followed by DPMSync -sync
    3. Perform a consistency check which will transfer data from PS to new replicas on the new storage.
    4. Once all the replicas are green, you can remove the missing disk from the dpm storage pool.
    5. Normal protection will resume.

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, February 11, 2011 9:46 PM