PLEASE HELP !!! - Incoming E-mail Error: 451 4.4.4 Temporary server error. Please try again later ATTR5 RRS feed

• Question

• We can receive e-mails from some domains (such as Hotmail.com & mchsi.com) but we are unable to receive e-mail from other domains (yahoo.com, gmail.com). All of them are receiving the following error message:

-----Original Message-----

From: Mail Delivery System [mailto:MAILER-DAEMON@p01c12o141.mxlogic  .NET]

Sent: Tuesday, December 9, 2014 12:43 PM

To: Tom Barrett

Subject: Warning: could not send message for past 4 hours

===============================================

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY        

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE    

===============================================

A temporary error occurred while delivering to the following address(es):

JBRANTNER @ EARLMAY   .COM : 451 4.4.4 Temporary server error. Please try again later ATTR5

I will continue trying to send the message until it is delivered or expires.

I cannot find any information on this or why some domains are coming through and others are not. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 10:52 PM

Answers

• Hi Jon,

I checked your MX record. It seems point to a firewall device.

I guess the error which external users received “451 4.4.4 Temporary server error. Please try again later ATTR5” was generated by your firewall device.

So, I suggest we check the firewall setting to see if their exist any block.

Thanks,

Da Xu

Thursday, December 18, 2014 9:15 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for your post.

This is a quick note to let you know that we are performing research on this issue.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Simon Wu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, December 11, 2014 7:24 AM
  • Hi Jon,

I checked your MX record. It seems point to a firewall device.

I guess the error which external users received “451 4.4.4 Temporary server error. Please try again later ATTR5” was generated by your firewall device.

So, I suggest we check the firewall setting to see if their exist any block.

Thanks,

Da Xu

Thursday, December 18, 2014 9:15 AM
  • Its something to do with Microsoft License and it happened when they stepped down our license to Type 2 to Type 1 etc., It resolved once they reverted the setting 
    Thursday, June 18, 2015 9:19 AM