none
Additional lookup for MIMWAL approval workflow RRS feed

• Question

• It is nice to have the [//Approvers] lookup for usage.  However I'm wondering if it's been considered to create an additional lookup for the Approval Status value?

It appears that the Approval object has a reference to the Request, but the Request does not have a reference to the Approval.  Thus something like [//Request/Approval/Status] isn't possible.

This makes the Completed Approval template kind of confusing as it states the request could have been approved, denied, or expired.  Having this information available in the template would be very useful.

Wednesday, September 23, 2020 8:22 PM

Answers

• MIMWAL Request Approval activity is just a thin wrapper around the MIM approval activity. So the WAL lookups can only be used the setup the design time properties of the MIM approval activity (i.e. those that you configure using the Portal), but it can't alter the runtime behaviour of the activity. 
    Thursday, September 24, 2020 2:28 PM
    Owner

All replies

• If you are talking about the Completed Approval template that you configure on the approval activity, then there will be no way to get this into into that template unless the MIM product supports this kind of lookup.

For using this information anywhere else, you can always user Query capability of the UpdateResources activity.

Thursday, September 24, 2020 2:11 PM
    Owner
  • I haven't dug into the inner workings of the MIMWAL Request Approval activity, but my thought was that once the approval was completed and prior to sending the Completed Approval template, a lookup similar to /Approval[Request='RequestObjectID'] could be done to pull back all of those related properties, including the status.

Once that information is returned, the additional lookup could be made available.

Thursday, September 24, 2020 2:22 PM
  • MIMWAL Request Approval activity is just a thin wrapper around the MIM approval activity. So the WAL lookups can only be used the setup the design time properties of the MIM approval activity (i.e. those that you configure using the Portal), but it can't alter the runtime behaviour of the activity. 
    Thursday, September 24, 2020 2:28 PM
    Owner