none
Bluetooth Headset keeps losing connection RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I don't know if is the correct place to put this. Here is the situation:

I have a bluetooth headset. A Nokia BH-501. Just your normal run of the mill bluetooth headset. I've installed IVT BlueSoleil (Version 5.0.5 x64) to do connections and everything. Normally it runs fine, it connects I can listen to music, watch my movies, blah blah, all via my Bluetooth headset.

However, the moment I stop all the applications that outputs sound to my bluetooth headset, the headset itself disconnects and all sounds get diverted to my speakers. This also happens even if i have all the applications on pause.

For example if I have Media Player Classic and Winamp running both outputting audio to my headset, it will work fine as long as I keep something playing. The headset will keep playing music even if one application is stopped or paused. But as soon as both are stopped or paused, the headset will lose its connection. If i want to play audio through my headset again, i would have to RE-CONNECT all over again...

Any ideas on how to keep my bluetooth headset connected even when i pause or stop audio?

If you need to know anything about what devices i'm running, just reply and i'll let you know. Just in case, I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate x64...

Thanks guys

Jimmy
    Tuesday, June 3, 2008 4:54 PM

Answers

• Hi Jimmy,

Sorry to hear that, but I still recommend you to contact NOKIA for a try. As this device should work with Windows Vista based on my research, the symptom may be caused by damaged or incorrect signal component.

Let me know the current situation of this issue if possible. Thanks!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Thursday, June 12, 2008 2:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Jimmy,

Let’s firstly talk about the software called IVT BlueSoleil. Based on my research on IVT official site, the most updated version of this software seems to be 2.3 released on July 28th 2006, and designed to support Windows XP and previous versions of Windows. In that case, the version 5.0.5 for 64-bit mentioned in your post is suspected be a non-official version, , according to the search result. For more information about BlueSoleil latest version and supporting operating systems:

http://www.ivtcorporation.com/download/BlueSoleil_Download.php

On Windows Vista, setting up a Bluetooth device is easy and generally not requires addition driver, provided the Bluetooth device supports Windows Vista. To add the device, refer to the following article:

Set up a Bluetooth enabled device

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/help/67cdb8d4-c3fe-43db-a00e-53159bf8695b1033.mspx

For your convenience to get specified steps to install BH-501 on Windows Vista platform, there are two threads in Nokia forum that may help:

http://discussions.nokia.ie/discussions/board/message?board.id=accessories&message.id=7694

http://discussions.nokia.com.au/discussions/board/message?board.id=accessories&thread.id=3268

If the problem still persists after the steps above. Update the drivers for your computer including motherboard/chipset, sound card and wireless components, by visiting the manufacturer’s website.

Hope it helps! Let us know the result if possible. Nice day!

Important Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Thursday, June 5, 2008 1:49 AM
  • Hi Lionel,

I don't think that that is the most up to date BlueSoleil website. By just googling 'BlueSoleil' it brought up www.bluesoleil.com which has the latest versions of IVT BlueSoleil. There's even a link on the IVT Corporation website that you posted.

Anyways, I don't have any problems connecting the Bluetooth or enabling it. Everything works fine until I stop or pause audio output to the Bluetooth headset. I've visited several other Windows Vista Forums and some say that it's Vista trying to save batteries. If that is the case, is there a Windows Service that controls that?

Cheers,
    Jimmy
    Thursday, June 5, 2008 5:10 AM
  • Hi Jimmy,

To manage power setting, go to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options. You can modify the configuration in order to prevent computer from saving power as following:

1.    Select High Performance, and click Change plan setting below it.

2.    Click Change advanced power settings in next window.

3.    Confirm that High performance [active] is selected in the pop-down menu, and the Wireless Adapter Settings – Power Saving Mode – Setting is Maximum Performance.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Thursday, June 5, 2008 6:12 AM
  • Hiya lionel

still doesn't work lol. even changing the bluetooth headset to default output doesn't work. I've tried changing BlueSoleil versions. 2.3 worked with XP but vista says that the digital signature isn't right. I installed it anyways but it killed vista during start up. I had to go through advanced options to turn off digital signature check in order to let vista load.

any other ideas?

Cheers
    Jimmy
    Thursday, June 5, 2008 7:09 AM
  • Hi Jimmy,

Have you updated the drivers for necessary devices? Including motherboard/chipset, audio card and Bluetooth dongle. Confirm the drivers are designed for Windows Vista.

If so, I think the issue should be on the headset side. Based on what I know, some Bluetooth devices may lose connection while detecting less signal than a certain level. That should be compatibility issue or quality problem.

I recommend you to contact NOKIA to ensure if this device is working well.

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Friday, June 6, 2008 2:38 AM
  • no... still doesn't work...Sad i guess i'm going to have to give up. Thanks for trying lionel...
    Saturday, June 7, 2008 3:56 PM
  • Hi Jimmy,

Sorry to hear that, but I still recommend you to contact NOKIA for a try. As this device should work with Windows Vista based on my research, the symptom may be caused by damaged or incorrect signal component.

Let me know the current situation of this issue if possible. Thanks!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Thursday, June 12, 2008 2:49 AM