WSUS update programme RRS feed

• Question

• *** NEW POST ***

Hi All,

I have been searching around the net for information on a planned schedule update to be executed after "Patch Tuesday". I realise and understand that everyone's estate is different but wondered if there was a set standard that Microsoft or any other company have recommended for use after PT, for example at what stage should the so-called important servers (AD, Exchange, AV) be rebooted and how often?

Any information about how Engineers in other companies apply their planned scheduled update would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Friday, October 6, 2017 10:43 AM

All replies

• Hi Sir,

>>I realise and understand that everyone's estate is different but wondered if there was a set standard that Microsoft or any other company have recommended for use after PT, for example at what stage should the so-called important servers (AD, Exchange, AV) be rebooted and how often?

AFAIK , all released updates should be tested in a test environment then apply them into production environment .

The schedule of update installation and server reboot may depends on the time-cost of update test .

Once that update passed the test in your test environment then it should be installed in your production servers as soon as possible .

As for the reboot , the critical servers should be high available in your production environment , I mean you may restart second server which holding same server role before the first one boots up successfully (the example is CAU feature in cluster environment ). 

Hope it is useful to you .

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, October 8, 2017 10:38 AM
  • Thanks for taking the time out to reply Elton. Its appreciated.

Regards.

Sunday, October 8, 2017 7:06 PM