none
the bitlocker encryption on this drive is not compatible with your version of windows RRS feed

• Question

• Kindly solve this problem

I have keys but not able to enter it

it shows this message when I try to unlock " the bitlocker encryption on this drive is not compatible with your version of windows"

please do some thing regarding that

I have all the legal keys to unlock the drive I was succeeded once before this message  " the bitlocker encryption on this drive is not compatible with your version of windows" appears.

but now  this message is trebling me  to open the drive again

Thursday, July 5, 2018 5:42 AM

All replies

• Hi,

There are several solutions to solve 'Bitlocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your version of Windows'.

Solution 1: Check connection

We suggest you remove Bitlocker encrypted drive from the computer, then re-attach the drive on a different port.

Solution 2: Update BIOS

Contact to the manufacturer and check for the latest updates available for the BIOS.

Solution 3: Try another Windows

If Bitlocker drive is encrypted on Windows 7/8, this Bitlocker encrypted drive cannot be read on Windows 10 as Windows 10 uses XTS-AES encryption algorithms and old Windows uses AES encryption algorithms, you need to try it on another Windows 7/8 computer.

If Bitlocker drive is encrypted on Windows 10 and chose 'New encryption mode', this Bitlocker encrypted drive cannot read on Windows 7/8 as new XTS-AES encryption algorithm is compatible with old Windows version, you need to try it on another Windows 10 computer.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 6, 2018 6:06 AM
  • I have the same problem but instead of an external drive, the problem is in my own local disk E, what should i do to fix this?

• Edited by Logic97 Tuesday, October 9, 2018 11:58 AM
    Tuesday, October 9, 2018 11:58 AM
  • Hi, I have exactly the same issue. But none of your suggestions work. I have a windows 10 PC with 2 internal drives with bitlocker. And now with one of the drives windows gives this error 'Bitlocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your version of windows'.

Both drives were always on this computer (internal) and they were created under windows 10 and only have run on windows 10. So nothing changed but suddenly I get this windows message.

regards,

Kaj

Friday, August 9, 2019 6:32 AM