User profile cannot be created RRS feed

• Question

• I've installed the SteadyState but I am receiving following error message when trying to add new user:
    "The user profile cannot be created"

It is worth mentioning that:
    - I am the administrator
    - I am able to add a user through Control Panel\User Accounts
    - I did make sure that I have full control by right clicking on Properties on C drive and chosing the Security tab as suggested in another post

If I try to change restrictions for another user in the Steady state I am getting:
    "Some restrictions were not applied because the user account you are looged in does not have permission to make teh change"

Thanks
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 5:28 AM

All replies

• Hi danft, have you installed McAfee on the computer? If this is the case, please temporarily disable it and see the result. You can also check the following thread:

User profile cannot created. Try again
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowssteadystate/thread/b47c5a22-ea44-4c99-a237-18e00b4d8bcd

Hope this helps!
    Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Thursday, December 10, 2009 6:27 AM

• Hello Sean

I do not have McAfee, nor I will ever have. That would be a last piece of software I would ever install on my computer.
    I am using Microsoft Security Essentials as my security suite. Just to see if it would make any difference, I've turned off the real time protection on the Microsoft Security Essentials, however that did not help in adding a new user in the Steay State.

I've tried also the things in the post you mentioned but that did not help either.

Thanks

Dan

Tuesday, December 15, 2009 5:17 AM
  • Hi Dan, I suggest you create a new account with administrator privilege in Control Panel and then try to open Windows SteadyState, check if you can modify settings there.
    Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 3:25 AM
  • Sean,
    I've done it. I am still getting the message "Some restrictions were not applied because the user account you are looged in does not have permission to make teh change" in both cases:
    - loged in with the new account and trying to edit settings in the steady state for the old account or
    - loged in with the old account and trying to edit settings in the steady state for the new account.
    Thanks
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 1:17 PM