none
continues bandwith utilisation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, Recently we bought laptop with preinstalled win 10. We have set pointing to our wsus server for windows update in that laptop. But many time it is observed that system is continuously utilising bandwith and it is chocking up my link. Please find attached screenshot taken from my firewall.

Please help.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 5:18 AM

Answers

• Hi, 

I am not clearly understanding your screenshot, it doesn't mentioned about Windows update, would you please give me more detailed explanation? 

In addition, to force user to only get updates from WSUS, you need to disable Check online update for Microsoft update by following gp:

1. In the Group Policy Object Editor, expand Computer Configuration, expand Administrative Templates, expand System, expand Internet Communication Management, and then clickInternet Communication settings.

2. In the details pane, click Turn off access to all Windows Update features, and click Enabled.

3. Click OK.

Please also post back Windowsupdate.log onto OneDrive and share the link for our research, let's see if there is any clue about when your clients get updates. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 17, 2016 3:52 PM
    Owner