Blue screen error while opening flv files/ jpg files/windows live gallery files......etc RRS feed

• Question

• please help me sort out error.....
     I have been facing this blue screen error very frequently
    I think its due to vga card my pc have ATI mobilty firegl v 3100
    i m using windows 7 ultimate 32 bit
    Saturday, December 12, 2009 6:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I suggest test the issue in Safe Mode first:

Restart the computer and start pressing the F8 key on the keyboard. On a computer that is configured to boot multiple Operating Systems, press the F8 key when you see the boot menu. When the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select Safe Mode, and then press Enter. Log onto Windows by using the Administrator account or any user account with Administrator privileges. 

If the issue disappears in Safe Mode, your video card driver may be corrupt. Go to Device Manager, right click on the graphic card, choose "Update driver software" to search if there is any driver update.

In addition, could you tell us the model of your comptuer? You can find the win7 compatible driver for your graphic card from the following website:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonmob_win7-32.aspx

Please help collect XXX so that we can perform further research. You can upload the collected files to SkyDrive, and let me know the URL by replying this thread.

1. As an important note, if you do not want others to access the uploaded files, when uploading the file, please expand the "Share with" box, choose "Select people...", and then type my Windows Live ID "XXX@hotmail.com" (without the quotation marks) in the Individual box. For detailed steps on how to upload files with SkyDrive, please refer to

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65

2. The above Windows Live ID is ONLY for collecting troubleshooting information. Please do NOT send your questions to it. For any new questions, please post in the forums so that more MSFT, MVP and community members can help you.

Monday, December 14, 2009 6:20 AM