none
Need to covert NON-generic to Generic, while doing need to remove the User logon account RRS feed

• Question

• We have one requirment where we need to convert one one exsting account to Generic from non-Generic, while doing the same need to remove User logon account , because with the same User logon account we have to create a new Non-Generic ID.

I am not able to remove User logon account , after modifying and saving, when reopn the same account the changes are not happen and with the same User logon account not able to create a new ID.

Kindly give me an Idea how I can do the same.

The requirment is for MSPS 2010.

Monday, March 28, 2016 10:43 AM

All replies

• The above scenario is not possible with in the limit of MSPS 2010.As the product is designed in such a way that when any new user(or named resource) is created,the logon account detail is stored in database and a check is run in parallel to validate that supplied account should not be already existing.

In your case as mentioned above,you can change named resource to generic resource by a tick against 'Generic' field under edit resource but if you use the same login account for any other named ID,system will throw an error saying 'Account is already in use'.

Thanks,

Ashish Tyagi

Mark as answer if it helps.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 2:30 PM
  • Dear Jagannath,

To Create/Update bulk resources in Project Server 2010, go with check-out enterprise resource pool in MSP 2010.

Steps: Open PWA in Internet explorer >> Go to Resource Center >> Select Resources which you need to change >> Click [Open in MSP].

Now do the changes.

Do let me know if you need any clarification.

Thanks

Avinash kumar | Blog:http://avigr8.wordpress.com | If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 5:12 PM