none
Bulk Resource import into PWA Resource Center RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

My objective is to import a few hundred resources into Resource Center in PWA using an Excel File.  I managed to get it working by opening Project Professional, going into Resource Sheet, adding columns Windows User Account, Email Address and a few other custom enterprise fields I created.  I copy/pasted my info from Excel into Project Professional, clicked on Resource->Add Resources->Import Resources to Enterprise->Continue to Step 2->Validate Resources->Save and Finish and all of my resources ended up in Resource Center in PWA.  Problem is, is that I thought they would have been added to Team Members by default, but they weren't added to any Security Groups. 

I tried adding a bunch of different columns in Project Professional that I thought mapped to Security Groups in Resource Center, but none of them did.  Does anyone know which column field in Project Professional maps to the Security Groups field in Resource Center?  Is there an easy way to figure this out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

André

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 2:19 AM

Answers

• Another way could be to use the AD sync groups. See a useful reference here. Otherwise, I'm afraid that it is either powershell or manual operation.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

• Marked as answer by Andre Janveaux Wednesday, March 18, 2015 11:03 AM
    Wednesday, March 18, 2015 10:46 AM

All replies

• Hi André,

Unfortunately you cannot manage resources' security groups in MS Project Pro. You can to do it from PWA manually, or you might use a powersheel script. I'd suggest to do it manually from server settings, manage users, since coding the script, testing it, run it and checking the result will surely be more time consuming than doing it manually.

Hope this helps,

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 7:04 AM
  • Thanks for the reply Guillaume!  It looks like I have to import around 2000 resources and I was looking for an easier way to manage the resources security groups rather than manually doing it one by one.  Besides using a powershell script, is there another way to do a bulk update to many resources for their security groups?

Thanks,

André

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 10:38 AM
  • Another way could be to use the AD sync groups. See a useful reference here. Otherwise, I'm afraid that it is either powershell or manual operation.

Hope this helps,

• Marked as answer by Andre Janveaux Wednesday, March 18, 2015 11:03 AM
    Wednesday, March 18, 2015 10:46 AM
  • Thanks for the info Guillaume!

André

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 11:03 AM