Is running PowerBI sites local possible? RRS feed

• Question

• Hallo everyone,

I am new to Power BI and have a question. I am working currently on a project to improve the BI capabilities in a certain department of our company. My question now is, whether it is possible to use Power BI together with it's capabilities to create and share reports and dashboards on Power BI sites as a local only solution (private cloud)? And if it is possible what do I need for that?

Thanks for your time and..

Kind regards

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 7:44 AM

Answers

• Hi Tim,

Running a local version of Power BI isn't possible yet but there is a feature suggestion for this in the Power BI UserVoice site. These suggestions are regularly reviewed by the Power BI team so you may consider up voting the existing suggestion.

Regards,

Michael Amadi

Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to vote it as helpful :)

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 2:46 PM

All replies

• Hi Tim,

Running a local version of Power BI isn't possible yet but there is a feature suggestion for this in the Power BI UserVoice site. These suggestions are regularly reviewed by the Power BI team so you may consider up voting the existing suggestion.

Regards,

Michael Amadi

Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to vote it as helpful :)

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 2:46 PM
  • There is another outside possibility, but it depends on whether or not you are using SQL Server 2008 or above and Enterprise addition with Software Assurance. Microsoft just aquired Datazen not long ago and are currently offering that for free to customers that meet the above criteria. Definitely worth a look if you are in that bucket!
    Wednesday, May 13, 2015 3:41 PM