Changing IE settings automatically RRS feed

• Question

• Hello guys.

i want to change someof the IE setting with a .reg file.

but i cant find out how can do this kind of things:

I need make sure that cookies are enabled and not blocked.

I need to add to my 'Trusted Sites Zone'  my own website 'www.YOUR-WEBSITE.com'.

I need to either disable any popup blockers or add the above domains to my popup blocker's permission list to allow popups.

I need to set the security level for your 'Trusted Sites Zone' to 'Low' and make sure that the setting for 'XSS Filtering' in this zone is disabled.

Thank you.

Sunday, January 18, 2015 7:30 AM

Answers

• Hi,

add yourwebsite.com together with the domains of the third-party services to your intranet sites list. By default the security zone settings there match your needs. However... If you need to add your site to a lower security level then you are doing something wrong.

If yourwebsite.com is a public access website then you are doing something on your site that the internet zone security settings don't allow... visitors to you site will experience degraded performance unless they place your domain (and others) in a lowered security zone.

Best practices dictate that public access websites only use features that are allowed from the internet zone.

Post technical questions for web site development to stack-overflow. Include with your question a link to your website.

Rob^_^

• Marked as answer by Bouki Tuesday, January 20, 2015 11:00 AM
    Tuesday, January 20, 2015 12:19 AM

All replies

• but i cant find out how can do this kind of things:

All those things sound like ones which you could automate more conventionally using GPO.  However, more generally what you could do is run ProcMon filtering on Operation Is RegSetValue to find out what changes when you use the GUI.  Then just automate the essential part of what was changed when you did that.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Sunday, January 18, 2015 2:23 PM
    Answerer
  • Thank you dear Robert.
    but ProcMon didn't work for me. i mean there are so many parameters changes when i just disable the popup blocker.

i hope you guys could suggest the something clear.

for example i found out i can change the pop up blocker with this command:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\New Windows]
    "PopupMgr"=dword:00000000

thank you.

Monday, January 19, 2015 4:57 AM
  • for example i found out i can change the pop up blocker with this command:

That would be an example of what I was referring to by:
    <quote> 
    automate the essential part of what was changed when you did that.
    </quote>

Otherwise, try finding a GPO which fits your description.  For example, in GPEdit.msc I just set the Filter to Pop and looked in All Settings to find 28 of 1557 setting(s) shown.  I imagine one of those might do what you want.  And it looks like there is a lot of redundancy there anyway.  For example, the last 10 in the hit list are all Use Pop-up Blocker and all seem to be essentially the same?  (The Help changes a bit on some if you open the Edit.  You could use ProcMon to help understand where each was coming from.  <eg>) 

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Monday, January 19, 2015 2:57 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

add yourwebsite.com together with the domains of the third-party services to your intranet sites list. By default the security zone settings there match your needs. However... If you need to add your site to a lower security level then you are doing something wrong.

If yourwebsite.com is a public access website then you are doing something on your site that the internet zone security settings don't allow... visitors to you site will experience degraded performance unless they place your domain (and others) in a lowered security zone.

Best practices dictate that public access websites only use features that are allowed from the internet zone.

Post technical questions for web site development to stack-overflow. Include with your question a link to your website.

Rob^_^

• Marked as answer by Bouki Tuesday, January 20, 2015 11:00 AM
    Tuesday, January 20, 2015 12:19 AM