Internet Explorer 11 open flashes and disappears in Windows server 2008 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• we are working in citrix xenapp 6.5 environment. after updating IE 8 to IE 11, its not working in two servers. it opens, flashes and disappears. I tried everything.

sfc /scannow

netsh winsock reset

registering IEproxy.dll

still no luck. Please suggest something to fix the problem ASAP

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 1:13 AM

Answers

All replies

• I'd try them over here.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/home?forum=ieitprocurrentver

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by Mary Dong Wednesday, February 24, 2016 8:18 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mary Dong Monday, February 29, 2016 7:17 AM
    Tuesday, February 9, 2016 1:27 AM
  • Hi Girish chitale,

Thanks for your post.

Did you intall it? If not, go to Server Manager->Manage->Add Roles and Features-> Select there server you want to install the Feature on and under User Interfaces and Infrastructure select Desktop Experiance. After you install the feature reboot your server. After that you should be able to display flash in the browser.

And here is the similar thread discussed before in explorer forum, you could take a look.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie11-windows_7/after-updates-ie11-wont-open-flashes-briefly-then/cecece1d-aec1-4c8e-b610-0e339d419e19

Best Regards,

Mary Dong

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 8:21 AM
  • I tried that and as mentioned in other post tried all the possible things...still not working
    Monday, February 15, 2016 7:15 PM
  • it opens, flashes and disappears

What is meant here?

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Monday, February 15, 2016 7:18 PM