none
Web Application accessed in IE 7 minizes in task bar RRS feed

• Question

• Web application accessed through IE7 when minized in task bar does not launch again when clicked on it. The IE vresion is 7 and the application is web based. This is through Citrix environment. This has nothing to do with Citrix, but when minized after accessing the application the application does not launch. Any suggestions what to look for would be great!

thank you in advance!

Monday, March 11, 2013 11:25 PM

All replies

• Web application accessed through IE7 when minized in task bar does not launch again when clicked on it.

Check your assumption by using right-click on the Taskbar icon to get the window menu items.  My guess is that you will see that they are changing and that the changes would be consistent with a hypothesis of having the window opening up off the screen or too small to be seen.   In that case, try using the Move and Size commands to bring the window back into view.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 6:03 PM
  • Hi Robert,

The right click option does not work. I forgot to post it in my question itself. Users try right clicking and nothing happens. The only option is to go to task manager and kill it and relaunch it. So, when they are working on multiple applications it becomes difficult. Even with just this application it does not maximize.I have reset IE and I am yet to see what that result would be, but just wanted to let you know that we have tried that.

Thursday, March 14, 2013 5:23 AM
  • Users try right clicking and nothing happens.

Then that sounds like a  problem with explorer.exe or something blocking use of it.
    Thursday, March 14, 2013 9:43 PM
  • Upgraded it to IE 8 still the problem persists. I am not sure whether it has anything to do with any kind of policy that gets applied that is causing this issue. Moreover, we did a comparison of the computers where this problem resides and they are happening on Dell GX780 and these have onboard graphic card. We tried upgrading the Citrix receiver to the latest one to 3.4 and that did not help. We tried several things like seemless settings flag etc..
    Wednesday, March 20, 2013 9:28 AM
  • What happens if you kill explorer.exe?   E.g. you should then still be able to Alt-Tab to whatever state the IE window is in, or use Task Manager, etc.   Another useful tool to try would be ProcExp  to find out what the task structure looks like.   ResMon could do that to some extent too.   Tip: start ResMon from the Performance tab of TM.
    Saturday, March 23, 2013 2:56 AM