none
Exchange Server is in Maintenance and Database is showing mounted RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have put one mailbox server in DAG maintenance since 3 weeks, & there was none of the database was mounted on mbx3 server. and status of databasecopyautoactivationpolicy was blocked on mbx3 server. today i see there are mounted database on mbx3 server but still the server in maintenance and databasecopyautoactivationpolicy status is blocked. how come this is possible. i dnt understand this. can you guys help me to get information on this. why this happent actually. 

Thank you

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 10:10 AM

Answers

• Audit is not enable on Exchange Server. 

Anyother solution for me. its quite urgent. is this possible technically or not.

The forums arent for urgent issues.

Admin audit logging is enabed by default. You should re-enabled it.

Did you check the event logs I mentioned?

Another option:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd351258(v=exchg.150).aspx

Exchange 2013 includes a script called CollectOverMetrics.ps1, which can be found in the Scripts folder. CollectOverMetrics.ps1 reads DAG member event logs to gather information about database operations (such as database mounts, moves, and failovers) over a specific time period. For each operation, the script records the following information:

• Identity of the database

• Time at which the operation began and ended

• Servers on which the database was mounted at the start and finish of the operation

• Reason for the operation

• Whether the operation was successful, and if the operation failed, the error details

If you dont find anything re-activate the database back on a good server, recheck your settings to prevent automatic activation and keep an eye on it going forward. Thats all you can do. 

Blog:    Twitter:   

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 2:31 PM

All replies

• Hello

I have put one mailbox server in DAG maintenance since 3 weeks, & there was none of the database was mounted on mbx3 server. and status of databasecopyautoactivationpolicy was blocked on mbx3 server. today i see there are mounted database on mbx3 server but still the server in maintenance and databasecopyautoactivationpolicy status is blocked. how come this is possible. i dnt understand this. can you guys help me to get information on this. why this happent actually. 

Thank you

Check the event logs (especially under the High Availability ( Microsoft-Exchange-HighAvailability/Monitoring) and Managed Availability .

Also search the admin audit logs (Search-AdminAuditLog)  to see if anyone forced a database mount.

Can you post what you have set in powershell to block automatic activation?

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 11:35 AM
  • .\maintenancewrapper.ps1 script i had run to put the server in maintenance. still the server is in maintenance. one failover cluster manager mbx3 nodes status showing paused. but how comes the database is mounted on server.
    Tuesday, October 25, 2016 11:53 AM
  • .\maintenancewrapper.ps1 script i had run to put the server in maintenance. still the server is in maintenance. one failover cluster manager mbx3 nodes status showing paused. but how comes the database is mounted on server.
    YOu will need to check all the settings to see if automatic activation is disabled for that database copy and the steps I listed above. 

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 12:03 PM
  • Databasecopyautoactivationpolicy is Blocked. when i run the get-mailboxserver. 
    Tuesday, October 25, 2016 12:54 PM
  • Databasecopyautoactivationpolicy is Blocked. when i run the get-mailboxserver. 
    Did you check the event logs and search the admin audit logs as I suggested?

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 1:19 PM

Anyother solution for me. its quite urgent. is this possible technically or not.

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 2:19 PM

The forums arent for urgent issues.

Admin audit logging is enabed by default. You should re-enabled it.

Did you check the event logs I mentioned?

Another option:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd351258(v=exchg.150).aspx

Exchange 2013 includes a script called CollectOverMetrics.ps1, which can be found in the Scripts folder. CollectOverMetrics.ps1 reads DAG member event logs to gather information about database operations (such as database mounts, moves, and failovers) over a specific time period. For each operation, the script records the following information:

• Identity of the database

• Time at which the operation began and ended

• Servers on which the database was mounted at the start and finish of the operation

• Reason for the operation

• Whether the operation was successful, and if the operation failed, the error details

If you dont find anything re-activate the database back on a good server, recheck your settings to prevent automatic activation and keep an eye on it going forward. Thats all you can do. 

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 2:31 PM