Skype for business 2016 kms activation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    we use a 2008 r2 server   as our KMS server .
    it was setup to activate
    office 2010
    skype for business 2016
    windows 7
    server 2008-2012R2
    everything was working fine .

I then applied KB3079821   and set up the 2008 r2 KMS server to activate windows 10 as well.
    windows 10 activates fine , as do all other products apart from  Skype for business.

we are using a citrix xendesktop environment with random desktops . skype for business starts on login
    when the user logs in , skype for business, displays the product activation wizard
    error code 0x4004F00D  , product not activated.

when i check the status ospp.vbs /dstatus  it shows the product is in the grace period ..
    then if i run it again after a minute or so  it shows as licensed

all the time the product activation Wizard is still on screen

If i exit "skype for business" and start it  again it activates immediately. no product activation wizard .

how can i delay the  activation wizard  ? , why is it coming up at all when all other office product seem to   activate in time ??

Thanks
    RP

Thursday, September 8, 2016 8:40 AM

Answers

• Hi WT_RP,

Welcome to post in our forum.

Based on your description, you encountered the error code 0x4004F00D which means the Software Licensing Service reported that the application is running within the valid out of tolerance grace period.

The following is about KMS activation of Office 2013, please refer to

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee624357.aspx

For troubleshooting volume activation for Office, here is an article for your reference

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee624355(v=office.15).aspx

Hope this helpful to you.

Alice Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, September 19, 2016 10:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alice-Wang Tuesday, October 11, 2016 12:48 PM
    Friday, September 9, 2016 5:13 AM