.xsn files in SPD shows it is Checked Out but when I try to Check them in the message says "Cannot perform this operation. The file is no longer checked out or has been deleted." RRS feed

• Question

• .xsn file in SPD shows it is Checked Out but when I try to Check them in the message says "Cannot perform this operation. The file is no longer checked out or has been deleted."

I am trying to Check-In the .xsn file in the hopes that it will solve the problem faced when accessing a Task where an error occurs saying "A form template (.xsn) file cannot be accessed. You may not have the required permissions to open the file."

The task is created from a workflow designed in SPD (using a standard Approval process).

How do I check-in the file?

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 5:33 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi ana,

Please try to clear the SharePoint Designer Cache, and check the if the other column(i.e. Title) is set as Required in Workflows library from SharePoint Designer then set it as not required, then check-in the xsn file again, please see more from below article,

http://passionatetechie.blogspot.com/2012/03/spd-workflow-error-solved-cannot.html

Thanks

Daniel Yang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by ana_3 Thursday, December 13, 2012 8:15 AM
    Thursday, December 13, 2012 7:21 AM
  • wow! you're a life saver! It worked!

I haven't done the clear cache yet. I started with making the Title column in the Workflows library as "not required" and I was able to check-in. And best of all, the Task Forms can now be opened by end users!

Thank you Daniel!

• Edited by ana_3 Thursday, December 13, 2012 8:15 AM forgot the savior's name
    Thursday, December 13, 2012 8:15 AM