Consent.exe problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    When I try to open the programs an administrator after providing the credentials, the window disappears and nothing appears. When I try to do it from the start menu I have later frozen the entire start menu. the consent.exe process appears in the task manager.

When I log in to an account with administrator privileges, I can run any program.

eset antivirus does not detect viruses.

• Edited by hasky5126 Friday, May 24, 2019 12:50 PM mistake
    Friday, May 24, 2019 11:37 AM

All replies

• Consent.exe is a file that launches the user interface for the User Account Control (UAC), an authorization layer for Windows. This is a safe process, don’t worry.

For your scenario, please check UAC level, use Notify me only when apps try to make changes to my computer (do not dim my desktop)

When system ask for credential, you need to enter the local admin account and its password.

User name: .\administrator(or other admin account)

Password: password

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 27, 2019 1:59 AM
  • Would you mind letting me know the update of the problem? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 10, 2019 1:30 AM