none
Trouble adding a protection group for a file server cluster RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having trouble adding a protection group for a file server cluster on our secondary DPM 2010 server. When I try to expand the cluster to select the volumes it gives me this error:

"DPM was unable to get the list of data sources on Cluster Group.ClusterServer.domain.com that are protected by the primary DPM server DPMPrimary.domain.com

Make sure that DPMPrimary.domain.com is protecting the data sources for which you want to set this DPM server as the secondary server. If the problem persists, restart the DPMWriter service on DPMPrimary.domain.com
    ID: 33119"

I have restarted the DPMWriter service on the primary, and even restarted both servers but the problem remains. . I was able to add it without a problem on the primary, and the backups have completed successfully.
    Friday, September 14, 2012 5:54 PM

Answers

• If I am reading this right you are trying to protect a server in a file cluster with a Secondary DPM server that is already protected by a Primary DPM server.

If that is the case on the Secondary DPM server you need to add the server in the file cluster from the Primary DPM server. You cannot add protection of the server in the cluster directly on the Secondary DPM server when it is already protected by the Primary DPM server.

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.systemcenterportal.com
    If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

• Marked as answer by adb2020 Monday, October 8, 2012 4:27 PM
    Sunday, October 7, 2012 6:08 PM