Add Application in App-V Management Console RRS feed

• Question

• I need to run from cmd a program which can add an application/package to the App-V Management Console. I do not want to open the management console but want to automate the add/delete functions to add/delete the applications/packages. Is there any way I can do this? Any pointers are appreciated.

TIA.
    Tuesday, December 22, 2009 6:02 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,
    This is probably documented some place, but check out sftimport from Denamik;
    http://www.denamik.nl/DeNamiK-Freeware/View-category.html

/Znack
    • Proposed as answer by znack Monday, December 28, 2009 10:55 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 2:37 PM
    Tuesday, December 22, 2009 6:53 PM
  • Apart from SftImport, there's no way of handling Management Console -operations from command-line. And with SftImport, you should note it edits the database directly so strictly speaking it's doing things in non-supported fashion..

/Kalle
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009 8:53 AM
  • Thanks Kalle. Probably I need to write my own SQL functions to perform management console functions.

By any chance, do you know if this feature will be available in the version 5.0 of App-V? And how can we make a feature request for the upcoming versions of App-V?
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009 3:01 PM
  • Hello,

I believe the decisions for 5.0 (or whatever the next version after 4.6 is) is in discussion. I do not know if the window has closed for new decisions of routes to go down or features to include / exclude.

I suppose thats why Denamik wrote his own little program since the app-v team obviously hasn't gotten enough requests.

/Znack
    Thursday, December 24, 2009 10:20 PM