Lost "Upload", "Actions", and "Settings" Buttons Within "List Template Gallery" RRS feed

• Question

• My company uses SharePoint 2007.  I am the owner of a SharePoint site, but I do not have much experience with SharePoint.

Under Site Actions > Site Settings, within the "List Template Gallery", there used to be 3 buttons on the left side entitled "Upload", "Actions", and "Settings".  Those buttons are no longer present, so obvisously I've done something to remove them.

Can someone tell me how to get them back?  Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank you
    Morton Detwyler

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, March 22, 2011 12:47 PM admin q (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Tuesday, March 22, 2011 12:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Morton,

Just wondering whether you still see your templates listed in the List Template Gallery page or they are gone as well? Wondering whether you closed the web part accidentally.

If you go to any other lists say for example Site Template Gallery - do you see the menu items alright?

Thank you! 

BlueSky2010
    Tuesday, March 22, 2011 1:01 PM
  • Hi BlueSky2010,

Sorry for the delay in my response.....had some last minute overnight travel.  I don't have any Site Template galleries, but I do have other folders on this SharePoint, all of which have these 3 (and sometimes 4 buttons).  I've been able to determine that I have somehow changed the Web Parts functionality on this page.  Can you provide the steps to restore the aforementioned buttons?

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 4:00 PM
  • Just had this same issue.  Upload and Settings disappeared this morning.  The issue was that the backup did not complete and left the site in "read only" mode.  Taking itt back out of "read only" mode brought Upload and Settings back.
    Wednesday, August 1, 2012 1:16 PM
  • Just had this same issue.  Upload and Settings disappeared this morning.  The issue was that the backup did not complete and left the site in "read only" mode.  Taking itt back out of "read only" mode brought Upload and Settings back.
    Jude, your post saved my time. The sharepoint content database was locked in read-only mode due to a sql server reboot and I haven't yet figured out why those damned button had vanished from the toolbar until I read your post..
    Thank you.
    Tuesday, May 10, 2016 4:11 PM