none
Build roadmap using MS Project RRS feed

• Question

• Hi friends,

I want to build roadmap using MS Project.

I use weeks number as milestones.

Build #1: Wk40

Build #2: Wk42

Release: Wk45

How can I don't it with MS Project?

Thank you all.

Sunday, September 9, 2012 12:47 PM

Answers

• I'm not sure I follow your question exactly, but I'll see if I can lend some help.

1. Change the timescale in the Gantt chart to show Months over weeks.  Right click on the timescale at the top of the Gantt chart (right side) and select Timescale from the shortcut menu.  Click on the Middle Tier tab and select Months from the Unit drop down.  I'd select M1,M2... for the label.  Click on the Bottom Tier tab and select Weeks from the Unit drop down.  I'd select "W1, W2, W3" for the label.  Click OK.  Your timescale should now show the correct format for the timescale.

2. Add the tasks as needed - so I'm guessing Build #1 is a task.  If you wish to have it appears as a milestone, set the duration to zero.

I hope this helps.

Julie

• Marked as answer by EV-Project2010 Monday, September 10, 2012 5:48 AM
    Sunday, September 9, 2012 1:13 PM

All replies

• I'm not sure I follow your question exactly, but I'll see if I can lend some help.

1. Change the timescale in the Gantt chart to show Months over weeks.  Right click on the timescale at the top of the Gantt chart (right side) and select Timescale from the shortcut menu.  Click on the Middle Tier tab and select Months from the Unit drop down.  I'd select M1,M2... for the label.  Click on the Bottom Tier tab and select Weeks from the Unit drop down.  I'd select "W1, W2, W3" for the label.  Click OK.  Your timescale should now show the correct format for the timescale.

2. Add the tasks as needed - so I'm guessing Build #1 is a task.  If you wish to have it appears as a milestone, set the duration to zero.

I hope this helps.

Julie

• Marked as answer by EV-Project2010 Monday, September 10, 2012 5:48 AM
    Sunday, September 9, 2012 1:13 PM
  • Julie,

Thanks a lot for your quick and accurate answer.

Thanks again!

Monday, September 10, 2012 5:48 AM
  • Julie,

One additional thing, the week# does not restart on January but continues (53, 54,...).

Can I restart  it?

-ev

Monday, September 10, 2012 7:32 AM
  • You're welcome and thank you for the feedback.
    Monday, September 10, 2012 12:46 PM
  • If you select the "W1, W2 from Start" format it is counting weeks in the project - not weeks in the year.  If you wish to count weeks in the year, try the format "1,2.......52, 1,2".

Julie

Monday, September 10, 2012 12:48 PM