none
“Loading Grid” Project Server 2010 hang issue RRS feed

• Question

• One of my users cannot access Project Center in PWA as it keeps "Loading"

She can still access other parts of PWA.

Have ascertained it is user account based and not hardware based as others have logged in on her laptop with no issues and I have managed her as a delegate and get the same error.

Our support have suggested this article which doesn't work: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308260

I've since found this article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/818046)( which is slightly different but it refers to older version of project server.

I get lost at the following as there are no Pj12enuC or PjAdoInfo4 in the list:

5.Right-click Pj12enuC Class, and then click Remove.
    6.Right-click PjAdoInfo4 Class, and then click Remove.

If this is an ActiveX issue, wouldn't it affect her ability to view Resource Center as well?

Thanks in advance for any assistance with this.

Thursday, December 15, 2011 3:56 AM

Answers

• Hi Paul,

I had tried that already to no avail. I did however try something different which worked.

Actions taken:
    Removed membership from all groups, SAVE
    Added to Team Members group, SAVE
    Added to Project Managers group, SAVE
    Checked her access to Project Center which was successful.

This differed from previous troubleshooting attempts where I had just removed and added all groups together instead of one by one starting with the lowest access first.

Note for others: She was in the View that we don't use often (View 06) so I changed it to one we do (View 07).
    I've found that occasionally there is a field that corrupts a view so I need to rebuild that view, provided I know which view the person has been trying to access. This time I didn't know what view she was in.

Tip: To save troubling the User I was able to use Manage Delegate to see the error she was viewing under her account. By using the Manage Delegate I was then able to check if any changes I had made were successful before advising her to check and confirm herself.

Thanks for triggering my thought processes!

• Marked as answer by Kim_560 Friday, December 16, 2011 2:04 AM
    • Edited by Kim_560 Friday, December 16, 2011 2:10 AM
    Friday, December 16, 2011 2:04 AM

All replies

• Hi there,

The ActiveX controls mentioned there are for PS 2007, PS 2010 does not use these.

Does the user have access to try another Project Centre view to see if that works? Do you see anything in the SharePoint ULS logs?

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com
    Thursday, December 15, 2011 12:20 PM
  • Hi Hrishi,

Not sure this will fix it as the issue is isolated to one user. We are also using Project Server 2010 not 2007. Hesitant to use powershell script meant for older version.

Hi Paul,

Yes I realise that they were for older versions, I was hoping someone here might have one similar for 2010 version.

No access to change Project view. Nothing that I can understand in the ULS Logs.

Thank you both for your suggestions so far.

Thursday, December 15, 2011 10:25 PM
  • Hi there,

As a test, can you add the user to the Project Server administrators group then ask the user to test again?

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com
    Friday, December 16, 2011 12:04 AM
  • Hi Paul,

I had tried that already to no avail. I did however try something different which worked.

Actions taken:
    Removed membership from all groups, SAVE
    Added to Team Members group, SAVE
    Added to Project Managers group, SAVE
    Checked her access to Project Center which was successful.

This differed from previous troubleshooting attempts where I had just removed and added all groups together instead of one by one starting with the lowest access first.

Note for others: She was in the View that we don't use often (View 06) so I changed it to one we do (View 07).
    I've found that occasionally there is a field that corrupts a view so I need to rebuild that view, provided I know which view the person has been trying to access. This time I didn't know what view she was in.

Tip: To save troubling the User I was able to use Manage Delegate to see the error she was viewing under her account. By using the Manage Delegate I was then able to check if any changes I had made were successful before advising her to check and confirm herself.

Thanks for triggering my thought processes!

• Marked as answer by Kim_560 Friday, December 16, 2011 2:04 AM
    • Edited by Kim_560 Friday, December 16, 2011 2:10 AM
    Friday, December 16, 2011 2:04 AM