Clip freezing in MCE RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I have converted my dvds to x264 to save some room on my harddrive.

When i am running a movie over a 100 mbit cabled network on my mediacenter it just stops sometimes. I cannot do anything, and the mediacenter freezes. Sometimes if i use CTRL+ALT+DEL i can close the mediacenter but then the internet dont work.

It seems like it is losing network or something. I dont know what the problem is. I am using Vista 32 bit on both machines.

The movie is being streamed on a mediacenter from another computer

Monday, December 8, 2008 9:56 AM

All replies

•  Torstenk85 wrote:

Hi all

I have converted my dvds to x264 to save some room on my harddrive.

When i am running a movie over a 100 mbit cabled network on my mediacenter it just stops sometimes. I cannot do anything, and the mediacenter freezes. Sometimes if i use CTRL+ALT+DEL i can close the mediacenter but then the internet dont work.

It seems like it is losing network or something. I dont know what the problem is. I am using Vista 32 bit on both machines.

The movie is being streamed on a mediacenter from another computer

If I understand you correctly, you have two computers;

Computer A - Has a movie file on it in x264 format.

Computer B - Runs Vista Media Center.

You are attempting to watch the movie on Computer B in Media Center, streamed across the netowrk from Computer A, and Computer B hangs, almost like it dropped the network or something like that. Correct?

Have you tried to replicate the issue by using Windows Media Player instead of Windows Media Center?

Try watching the movie on Computer B using Windows Media Player instead of Media Center, and let us know what happened.

Monday, December 8, 2008 3:21 PM
  • Okay this is strange. I had a movie where when i saw it a week ago it stopped at the same time everytime i tried. Both in media player and in MCE. But now when i play it it doesnt.

I don't have any way to force the error now. I will try to watch a movie tonight and see if it does the same
    Tuesday, December 9, 2008 5:50 PM