none
KB4056895 download link in Update Catalog is broken RRS feed

• Question

• January 4, 2018—KB4056895 (Monthly Rollup) refers to KB4056895 in the How to get this update paragraph but link to Microsoft Update Catalog is broken and returns no files. The update is still not available via automatic Windows Update while it is supposed to be from Jan 4.

I have already tried Microsoft Update Catalog support page:

• provided email doesn't work, it always rejects my email message with error it accepts emails from a particular group only
    • link to newsgroups redirects to Answers forum where I have already tried to get support without any result
    • the last link to support form is broken

It is really frustrating there is no way to report missing Windows Update download that contains critical security updates.

• Edited by Petr Vones Sunday, January 7, 2018 9:21 AM
    Sunday, January 7, 2018 9:20 AM

Answers

• The KB download is available now via both automatic Windows Update and Windows Catalog.
    • Marked as answer by Petr Vones Tuesday, January 9, 2018 9:15 AM
    Tuesday, January 9, 2018 9:15 AM

All replies

• Hi Petr Vones.

Thanks for this useful information: I wrote a comment on the Microsoft Knowledge Base article page related to that hotfix to inform that the link to the Microsoft Update Catalog site points to nothing.
    Hope they will fix it quickly.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Sunday, January 7, 2018 11:31 AM
  • Hi, 

I will forward this information to the appropriate department through our internal channel. Both the Microsoft Product Team and Development Team take into consideration all suggestions and feedback for future releases.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Petr Vones Tuesday, January 9, 2018 9:14 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Petr Vones Tuesday, January 9, 2018 9:15 AM
    Monday, January 8, 2018 7:34 AM
  • The KB download is available now via both automatic Windows Update and Windows Catalog.
    • Marked as answer by Petr Vones Tuesday, January 9, 2018 9:15 AM
    Tuesday, January 9, 2018 9:15 AM

Thanks for the update.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Tuesday, January 9, 2018 9:51 AM
  • Hi Petr Vones.

Thanks for this useful information: I wrote a comment on the Microsoft Knowledge Base article page related to that hotfix to inform that the link to the Microsoft Update Catalog site points to nothing.
    Hope they will fix it quickly.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

I received the update but I chose to hide the update after reading some issues with AMD in this link. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4056895/windows-81-update-kb4056895

I know every AMD processor isn't affected but I'm still not sure my PC isn't among that group affected so it's better to be safe than sorry for now.   My processor is an AMD A10-7300 with Radeon™ R6 Graphics.  Any Update would be much appreciated.

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 11:54 AM