Notification Template and Subscriptions/Workflow Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I ran across something interesting.  As part of my SCSM / SCOrch automation, I update the Assigned To on change requests to be a particular person based on a variety of other factors. That user receives a notification that the change request has been assigned to them. The audit team wants to add more people to the list of users receiving this notification. So naturally, I went looking back for a subscription or workflow associated with the template I have and I can't find it.

I first went thorugh all of the subscriptions I have and not one of them points to the template that is being sent out.  I've gone into Workflows > Configuration > Change Request Event Workflow Configuration and there is nothing there.  What is also interesting though is that if I go into the Workflow status, there is a Change Request Assignment Workflow and has entries in the all instances from some testing I have been doing on changes the audit team wanted.  They are all marked as succeeded.

I am trying to figure out what is going on.  I've been trying to research some things but not really coming up with much.  I was also hoping that someone may have a SQL query to help find where email templates are linked.

Thanks for any assistance n advance.

Friday, February 19, 2016 5:20 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can use the following Windows PowerShell commands:

• For information about how to use Windows PowerShell to create a new Email template in Service Manager, see New-SCSMEmailTemplate.

• For information about how to use Windows PowerShell to retrieve Email templates that are defined in Service Manager, see Get-SCSMEmailTemplate.

• For information about how to use Windows PowerShell to retrieve the content of a Service Manager Email template, see Get-SCSMEmailTemplateContent.

• For information about how to use Windows PowerShell to update properties of an Email template, see Update-SCSMEmailtemplate.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 9:21 AM