none
DPM backup RRS feed

• Question

• I have a windows 2008 r2 cluster and I use DPM installed on VM for backup. Since I need to restore the DPM VM in case of a disaster recovery I want to backup it outsider the cluster storage. Is there a way to make a script  that:

- shuts down DPM machine

- exports the virtual machine in a folder

- restarts DPM

Thursday, February 2, 2012 1:29 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Ariz84,

If you want to automate you could use System Center Orchestrator (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh237242.aspx). Another option would be to install another DPM server and use it to backup your main DPM VM. With this you would not have to shut down your DPM VM. A final option would be to backup DPM with a Secondary DPM Server. Here is a link for this: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb795680.aspx

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.dpm2010.com

If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

Thursday, February 2, 2012 2:47 PM
  • Your solution would be good if I had money to spend but I have not at the moment... I prefer my solution if someone can help me about it..

Thanks anyway

Thursday, February 2, 2012 3:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by ariz84 Thursday, February 2, 2012 5:07 PM
    Thursday, February 2, 2012 4:52 PM
  • At the moment I scheduled a BMR backup with Windows Backup but your solution seems to be more interesting. Thank a lot!
    Thursday, February 2, 2012 5:07 PM
  • Your solution would be good if I had money to spend but I have not at the moment... I prefer my solution if someone can help me about it..

Thanks anyway

Hi Ariz84. Yeah money is a downer when there is none.

Addygol,

Nice find on the diskshadow.

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.dpm2010.com If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!
    Thursday, February 2, 2012 5:16 PM