none
Can Remaining Vacation be Tracked in PWA 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• My company has been using PWA 2010 for a couple of years now for time reporting.  We have a report that we run that will tell us what vacation time has been taken.  The managers would now like for that report to also tell them how much vacation time everyone has remaining.  Does anyone currently do this?  I am wondering how it could be set up.

My first thought is to add a Custom Field to each employee's Resource Record that captures how many days or hours each person gets.  We could then modify our current report to retrieve this information.  Then the total hours taken could be subtracted from this amount which would leave you with what remains.  This would be added as a new column on the vacation report.

Just wondering if anyone else does this, if there may be a better way to do it.  Some maintenance of the data would be needed as people pass anniversary dates and earn more vacation time.  However, I do not see this as taking a lot of time. 

Thank you 

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 4:32 AM

Answers

• Hello,

What you have suggested would work. Where is the vacation allocation currently held? In an HR systems somewhere? Where ever it is stored, providing you have some way to key the data between he two systems (some unique resource ID etc. that exists in both systems), your report could just get the vacation allocation directly from the source system to save double entry?

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 10:12 AM