none
Home Folder Permissions

Question

• I have a home folder structure setup where Local Administrators, Domain Admins and the Domain Administrator have access to the users home folder. However, Only the Domain Administrator can view the content in the home folders. I have played with different sets of permissions and still cannot allow Domain admins to view the content of users home folders.

Domain admins is the owner of the top level Home Folder and has full permissions on all sub level user home folders. Still cannot access sub folders as a domain admin.

How can I configure permissions to allow the Domain Admins group to view content of users home folders?

Matt Burgos

Sunday, March 12, 2017 7:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Matt,

check the effective permissions within the subfolders - this should give you the indication what's missing. Verify that you don't have an explicit deny.

If there is no explicit deny, then you should be able either to enable inheritance on the subfolder level or explicitly grant permissions (allow) on the subfolder level and make sure it propagates down the folder hierarchy.

hth
    Marcin

Sunday, March 12, 2017 7:55 PM
  • Matt, are you following the method here?

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/askds/2008/06/30/automatic-creation-of-user-folders-for-home-roaming-profile-and-redirected-folders/

Don [doesn't work for MSFT, and they're probably glad about that ;]

Sunday, March 12, 2017 11:33 PM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue is going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, March 17, 2017 9:24 AM