Google Earth no longer runs. IS it NAV? RRS feed

• Question

• Not sure if this is the right forum, but here it goes.   My Google Earth and a few other applications (Aventail VPN tunnel) no longer run.  The eventlog has an entry stating that the program ended with acces code 0xc0000006.  I've seen Windows update take forever (10+ minutes) and eventually give up.  Here is the entry for Google Earth:

Windows cannot access the file C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google Earth\client\googleearth_free.dll for one of the following reasons:

there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program Google earth because of this error.

etc, etc.

The dll is present, looks good, the network seems fine and I ran chkdsk /f on C:   No effect.

The event log also has an entry with Event ID 1000 (task cat 100) that Google Earth crashed with code 0xc0000006 with the same file path as the dll.   I did reinstall GE a few times. Actually, uninstalling it is not even possible.

There are also two identical error message entries generated by atapi, "The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Ide\IdePort6." However, my three hard drives are all present and seem to be working just fine. 

A few minutes earlier there are a few entries that say: Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035.

You might conclude that this PC is a pretty sick patient. I'm out of ideas on how to proceed solving this problem.  Any suggestions?  

The only change to my PC that I can think of is an upgrade to Norton AV 12.  I've disabled it temporarily, but nothing changed.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 8:58 PM

Answers

• Do you have a backup? The system restore could help you go back.

Please perform a system file check. Open the command prompt, input the command sfc /scannow

After that, see if the application works.

If all the above cannot help you, try create a user-mode dump file, when the dump file created, upload it to you SkyDrive, put it in a public folder, and reply a folder lin here. I'll check it later.

Regards,

Miya

Miya Yao

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Miya Yao Wednesday, December 21, 2011 6:46 AM
    Thursday, December 15, 2011 6:10 AM