none
iPhone Notification of Authorization Approved When I Was Asleep RRS feed

• Question

• When I woke up this morning my iPhone showed a message stating an authorization from 4 am (when I was asleep) was approved, which I didn't request.  The only devices I have that would request permission are my laptop and iPhone.  So why am I seeing an authorization was requested and then approved when I was asleep?  Who requested it and who approved it?

I just set up two-factor authentication a few days ago and so I don't believe someone has already compromised my credentials.

How do I get more details about where the request came from (location, device)?

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 12:01 PM

All replies

• 1. Have you install the Authenticator App in other device with your account? If you did, it may caused by another device.

2.Check if that Is there another account in your Authenticator App. If someone  use another account and aproved from other device, it may also occurs this issue.

3.If someone did approve the request from your IPhone,  you wouldn't see the massage which shows that you have approved request.

How do I get more details about where the request came from (location, device)?

Yes, you can view the MFA reports. You can see the Bypassed User History and Usage. (Your Account must be a Global admin account of the directory)

You can see more details about how to View reports in Azure MFA in this link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/multi-factor-authentication/multi-factor-authentication-manage-reports

Regards 

Wayne

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Wayne.Yang Friday, November 10, 2017 9:18 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Wayne.Yang Friday, November 10, 2017 9:39 AM
    Thursday, November 9, 2017 7:08 AM
  • Thank you Wayne. In response to your questions 1 & 2 above, I do not have the Authenticator App installed on any other devices and I have only one account in the app. 

For your last suggestion, I don't have access to Azure.

Friday, November 10, 2017 5:06 PM
  • OK, I think it may just be a network latency issue .  You can contact your AD admin to help with it.
    Wednesday, November 15, 2017 6:30 AM