App-V 5.1 shortcuts not appearing at the right place RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have a strange behavior with shortcuts deployment in an App-V application.

I capture it, everything goes well and the virtual app is fonctionnal after but the shortcut is nowhere to be found. I captured the application again and I was checking if the shortcut was well captured and it is as the following screenshot can confirm.

I used the tool to install the app directly with the sequencer and I find out that the shortcut is in reality created in %AppData% of the current user wich is not something I want because all users on the machine needs to access the application. The following screenshot shows this.

What can cause this? Do anybody else had this behaviro before? I was able to capture some other apps where the shortcut was at the right place.

Thank you.

AppxManifest.XML :

<appv:Extension Category="AppV.Shortcut">
    <appv:Shortcut>
    <appv:File>[{Common Programs}]\Logiciels pour apprendre et communiquer\Sons et musique\HighC.lnk</appv:File>
    <appv:Target>[{ProgramFilesX86}]\HighC\HighC.exe</appv:Target>
    <appv:Icon>[{ProgramFilesX86}]\HighC\HighC.exe.0.ico</appv:Icon>
    <appv:Arguments />
    <appv:WorkingDirectory>[{ProgramFilesX86}]\HighC</appv:WorkingDirectory>
    <appv:ShowCommand>1</appv:ShowCommand>
    <appv:ApplicationId>[{ProgramFilesX86}]\HighC\HighC.exe</appv:ApplicationId>
    </appv:Shortcut>
    </appv:Extension>

IT technician MCP and A+ certified

• Edited by Kornboy82 Tuesday, December 6, 2016 7:17 PM
    Tuesday, December 6, 2016 3:16 PM

Answers

• I found my solution and it can be useful for other users here.

In DeploymentConfig.xml and UserConfig.xml files, shortcut are listed there. I changed the line for my shortcut for the complete UNC link. So basically, I changed [{Common Programs}] for C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs in the two files.

I don't know if it's the variable that is buggy in french Windows 10 os but this way, my shortcuts are at the right place.

The line : <File>[{Common Programs}]\Logiciels pour apprendre et communiquer\Sons et musique\HighC.lnk</File>

Was changed for : <File>C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Logiciels pour apprendre et communiquer\Sons et musique\HighC.lnk</File>

AppxManifest.XML also needs to be changed.

Cumputer operator MCP and A+ certified

• Marked as answer by Kornboy82 Wednesday, December 7, 2016 2:32 PM
    • Edited by Kornboy82 Wednesday, December 7, 2016 6:53 PM
    Wednesday, December 7, 2016 2:31 PM