How to start Dreamweaver MX without UAC prompt? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!
    I'm using Dreanweaver MX very often and everytime I start it, I'll see a window telling me, that an unidentified program wants to start. I have already changed the properties, so that it's running as admin, but I get this window over and over..

Is there any possibility to star Dreamweaver MX without that window?

Greetings
    Andreas
    Thursday, April 5, 2007 11:02 AM

Answers

• One way only is to bypass UAC to let you open Dreamweaver MX and it's to disable UAC and that's not recommended. Windows Vista prompts you with UAC because Dreamweaver takes some resources from system, so the smart UAC detects that some software is trying to access system thus it prompts you.

Good luck

Thursday, April 5, 2007 5:09 PM

All replies

• One way only is to bypass UAC to let you open Dreamweaver MX and it's to disable UAC and that's not recommended. Windows Vista prompts you with UAC because Dreamweaver takes some resources from system, so the smart UAC detects that some software is trying to access system thus it prompts you.

Good luck

Thursday, April 5, 2007 5:09 PM
  • you might try doing this.. but your dreamW will not be the only effected application.

Best of luck.

Step 1

Mark your application as administrator application (You need to locate the application executable that needs UAC first)

Right-click the application Click Properties, and then click the Compatibility tab.

Under Privilege Level, select the Run this program as an administrator check box, and then click OK.

Step 2

Change the group policy for UAC

Open secpol.msc (use the run command)

open the security options from the local policies

select User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for administrators in Admin Approval Mode.

select elevate without prompting.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 5:29 AM
  • I use Vista Home Premium and I need to do the same thing.  I'm fairly certain that this can be done through the registry, but I can't determine which key to edit.  Any advice?

Thanks!
    Wednesday, November 14, 2007 11:10 PM