none
GPO's not getting applied with 1903 RRS feed

• Question

• I have an MDT for 1809 and 1903 configured. When I push an 1809 deployment all works well and all policies get applied. When I push a 1903 deployment my GPOs don't seem to work. I have checked out everything and all seems to be in place. GPOs are the same for 1803 so it points directly to the 1903 setup. Has anyone else had issues like this? If I run a gpresult /H I realise that the Admin template do not appear. They only appear after a gpupdate /force. 

An example of my issue is that when we deploy a device the computer object goes to a specific OU which keeps the local admin password. This is due to the autologin part of the MDT. Once this object moves to a different OU then the LAPS policy kicks in and changes the local admin password. With 1903 the LAPS policy kicks in and changes the password which then stops the MDT as its a different password than the password file.  If I deploy an 1809 device then I have no problems at all. 

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 7:31 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in our forum.

An example of my issue is that when we deploy a device the computer object goes to a specific OU which keeps the local admin password. This is due to the autologin part of the MDT. Once this object moves to a different OU then the LAPS policy kicks in and changes the local admin password. With 1903 the LAPS policy kicks in and changes the password which then stops the MDT as its a different password than the password file.

Sorry that I couldn’t understand the current issue clearly. It’s an expected behavior that local admin password changed, if LAPS client installed and we group policy applied.

Best Regards,

William

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 10, 2019 8:10 AM
  • Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

William

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 14, 2019 7:40 AM