Major BUG in Steady State 2.5 - Last Known Good Configuration disables WDP in Vista RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All! I'm writing for the worst reason!

In my public vista machines(public school), when the users force the computer shutdown and restart with the advanded boot option: Last Known Good Configuration, the system boots without WDP and also looses the domain and name.

In my case i think that since the last deployment i have a 3% ocurrences of this scenario.

This is a major hole in all the schema and efford we put in administrating this shared access computers.

Well, for now the idea is removing the Last Known Good Configuration Boot Option. Does any one know how to do that?

Thursday, January 15, 2009 10:41 AM

Answers

•  

Hi Daniel, thank you for the information. It seems that this issue cannot be repro on each computer. I have tried to do this on VPC, however, Windows Disk Protection is still turned on after shutting down and choosing Last Known Good Configuration. We will send your valuable feedback to our product team. If you have any other feedback or suggestions, please feel free to let us know.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 7:36 AM

All replies

•  

Hi Daniel, thank you for the information. It seems that this issue cannot be repro on each computer. I have tried to do this on VPC, however, Windows Disk Protection is still turned on after shutting down and choosing Last Known Good Configuration. We will send your valuable feedback to our product team. If you have any other feedback or suggestions, please feel free to let us know.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 7:36 AM
  • Hi Sean,

I suggest you try it on a real machine!

By the way, for when a new release?

DanyR
    Friday, February 6, 2009 10:46 AM