none
WSUS add shutdown option with GPO

Question

• I am using WSUS to manage updates to one of our clients.  When the workstation has updates to install the users have only two shutdown choices, one is Update and Restart, the other one is update and Shutdown. I would like to know if there is a GPO setting to add a option “Restart” when using WSUS?

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 1:06 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to my research, for three days or until the PC is restarted, a message about the upcoming restart as below will be shown in the login screen.

This message include three option, means you now have three days to restart the PC at your convenience. On days two, to make the message even more apparent, “Update and shutdown” will be added.

Regarding your requirement, I do not find an existing policy which can be used to add additional options in Shut Down Windows dialog. But I will keep monitoring this requirement and give you an update if there is any useful information. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Dave_17 Wednesday, March 01, 2017 12:49 PM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2017 1:52 PM