none
Unable To Access Web Sites While Other On LAN Are Able To RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Some clients using Internet Explorer are unable to access certain websites while others on the LAN can. What steps to take to try to remedy issue?

Clients in question use Win 7 or Win 10 try to access a secure https site but are unable to.

I checked side-by-side under Internet Options >> Advanced tab and settings are the same.

I also checked zone options under Security tab and see that they are both at the same level at default settings.

Under Content tab, I tried Clear SSL slate.

In some instances, I've Delete browsing history as well as under Advanced tab Reset and did a restart.

All of this with no success only to sometimes be able to use Chrome or Firefox with success.

Can someone advise how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks,

Jason

Saturday, January 6, 2018 10:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Are these internal sites or public access sites? (If possible include links to problem websites with your questions, screen shots or copy and paste of the error page would also be helpful). If they are intranet sites please mention as such in your questions.

Do the troublesome clients have ActiveX filtering turned on for the un-named websites?

see https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/ie/2011/02/28/activex-filtering-for-consumers/

Which websites have they placed in their IE Trusted sites list? Are they the domains that they cannot access?

To troubleshoot blocked content and security issues, first go Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab, check "Always record developer console messages.". Save changes.

Open IE and navigate to a blank page (about:blank), then press f12 to display the dev tool and PIN it to the blank page. Select the Networking tab of dev tools and click the Start button (to record the network traffic), then without closing the dev tool, return to the browser and type the address of the website that you are having problems with... the Networking tab will show the request and responses, the Console tab will show any security, blocked content or XSS warnings and messages.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Sunday, January 7, 2018 11:40 PM