none
How to reconfigure Replicate Virtual Machine in Hyper-v when issue hardware RRS feed

• Question

• hi there,

firstly i'm sorry for not good english!

We have a Hyper-v system is configured replica toghther, there are 3 virrtual machine on Hyper-V Server, it is working fine.

Yesterday, i find out primary server failed ( failed OS), it cannot startup. all of virtual machines have failedover to replica server succesfully. Then i have reinstalled Windows and enable Hyper-v Role on this Server. The data of virtual machines are reside on Drive D ( not Lost).

So what is best way to reconfigure replica for vitual machine?

thanks

Thursday, February 18, 2016 9:59 AM

All replies

• As simple as it seems, Hyper-V Replication is actually quite a complex set of processes.  If your NTFS security is off, or there is any corruption to the original locations, it could cause Hyper-V Replica to fail.  Often times the best way is to start fresh by deleting/renaming (I always prefer renaming whenever possible), then enabling Hyper-V Replica from the Hyper-V host currently hosting the live VMs.  

If this server still shows replication as being configured, you'll first want to end the replication first.

Monday, February 22, 2016 10:55 PM
  • As simple as it seems, Hyper-V Replication is actually quite a complex set of processes.  If your NTFS security is off, or there is any corruption to the original locations, it could cause Hyper-V Replica to fail.  Often times the best way is to start fresh by deleting/renaming (I always prefer renaming whenever possible), then enabling Hyper-V Replica from the Hyper-V host currently hosting the live VMs.  

If this server still shows replication as being configured, you'll first want to end the replication first.

tks for your answer!

so i cannot reuse VMs on Hyper-V server and hyper-v replica create a new replica VMs(this server lost replication configure).

thank in advance!

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 6:47 AM