Microsoft Dynamics CRM Report Authoring Extension Setup RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot install this application on my Windows 10 computer - anyone have a fix or a suggestion?

I have tried compatibility mode and safe mode and still nothing.

From another post:

On multiple computers running Windows 10 Enterprise I have attempted to install the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Report Authoring Extension which allows us to use the Microsoft FetchXML data source in our reports. Upon installation of this application it crashes no matter which installation route you go with.

The first scenario I attempted for the install was by getting updates, and the second was by not getting updates which brings you to the install required component page which also crashes with the same error.

In both scenarios it seems as if the crash is directly related to the outbound communication to the Microsoft servers to get the required files/updates. Is this on the radar for Microsoft as far as compatibility issues? I fully understand that CRM 2015 and CRM 2013 Report Authoring Extensions are not supported with Windows 10 at this time but, I am hoping that there is a workaround that someone can help provide. I have to imagine that this update mechanism is likely in other products as well and may not work out of the box in Windows 10. Any assistance/guidance is much appreciated, thank you.

Monday, December 7, 2015 5:29 PM

All replies