On Sharepoint 2010 getting server side dependencies error RRS feed

• Question

• Here below is the description of the error

[MissingFeature] Database [Database_name] has reference(s) to a missing feature: Id = [feb955a8-21c0-44e6-9f51-29e8dfba8321], Name = [StoragePoint Site and Web Installer], Description = [Installs StoragePoint event handlers and hidden lists on newly created or activated webs and site collections.], Install Location = [StoragePointWeb]. The feature with Id feb955a8-21c0-44e6-9f51-29e8dfba8321 is referenced in the database [Database_name], but is not installed on the current farm. The missing feature may cause upgrade to fail. Please install any solution which contains the feature and restart upgrade if necessary. 

I have 2 Web front end servers and on both i get error when i go to Sharepoint Central Administration 2010.

Monday, February 10, 2014 7:59 PM

Answers

• Hi Stacy

I used that Feature admin tool and i was able to remove that feature  and now i don't get that server side dependencies error.

thanks for your help.

Pranesh

• Marked as answer by Pdt75 - MCTS Tuesday, April 15, 2014 8:27 PM
    Tuesday, April 15, 2014 8:27 PM

All replies

• Hi Pragnesh,

Backup-spsite and Restore-spsite to a dev farm

then

http://get-spscripts.com/2011/06/removing-features-from-content-database.html

also, sometimes this error will list missing setup files, when that happens put your content in dev and

http://get-spscripts.com/2011/06/diagnosing-missingsetupfile-issues-from.html

Do all of this in dev first (before running a "live fire exercise", so to speak, in prod) 

steps,

load the script in

then run the -reportonly option

then run without the -reportonly

cheers,

Stacy Anothersharepointblog.blogspot.com

Monday, February 10, 2014 8:14 PM
  • Hi Stacy

What i did i downloaded feature admin tool and found unwanted feature with the help of that tool.

it was pointing to the same feature Id which i mentioned in my question so i assume that that feature is unwanted so is it ok to remove that with the help of feature admin tool.

Pragnesh

Friday, February 28, 2014 8:04 PM
  • Hi Pragnesh,

Try this in a development environment,

make a backup of your web application (backup-spsite), and then run the tool, test that all sites are working,

move onto your testing environment, and then into production.

Stacy Anothersharepointblog.blogspot.com

Sunday, March 2, 2014 8:04 PM
  • Hi Stacy

I used that Feature admin tool and i was able to remove that feature  and now i don't get that server side dependencies error.

thanks for your help.

Pranesh

• Marked as answer by Pdt75 - MCTS Tuesday, April 15, 2014 8:27 PM
    Tuesday, April 15, 2014 8:27 PM