none
An unknown error occured issue in Microsoft project server 2010 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I have got an issue in microsoft project server.

    users are not able to access task tab under my work. They are getting error "an unknown error occured".

    Could you please help to give some solutions for this.

    Thanks!

    Shamsuddeen


    Tuesday, November 19, 2013 1:29 PM

All replies

  • Have you added the site to 'Trusted Sites' under Internet Explorer > Internet Options > Security?
    Thursday, November 21, 2013 7:09 PM
  • Shamsuddeen,

    It could be a lot of things, but the first thing I would check is, if any of the task names have special characters. There have been known issues about special characters, and it could be the issue.

    The other things I would check are any permission changes that happened for the My Tasks Category.


    Prasanna Adavi,PMP,MCTS,MCITP,MCT http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

    Thursday, November 21, 2013 10:07 PM
    Moderator
  • Hi All,

    we have found out the solution for this. Thanks for your support.

    below the solution worked for me.

    If many users experience the problem, then its likely that the databases for the project do not have updated stats (not optimized). To correct this: - logon to the server hosting the Published database - execute the stored procedure "sp_updatestats" against the projects 4 databases (archive, draft, published & reporting) New Query > sp_updatestats > execute

    Friday, December 13, 2013 12:50 PM