none
GPO to allow cookies for ie9 / ie10

Question

• Hello Community, 

My question is about the following article. I want to be able to create a GPO to manage cookies in my domain environment. After reading the article I have grabbed the section that I believe applies to what I want to do. I want to set cookies to be allowed in my environment by GPO. The question is, do I need to create the 1A02, 1A03, 1A05, and 1A06 DWORD entries manually? I don't see the keys there when I look. 

I would like to create a GPO that applies to ie9 and ie10. Any help is appreciated. Thank you,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/182569

Registry entries
    • 1A02 Allow persistent cookies that are stored on your computer #
    • 1A03 Allow per-session cookies (not stored) #
    • 1A05 Allow 3rd party persistent cookies *
    • 1A06 Allow 3rd party session cookies *
    These registry entries are located in the following registry subkey:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\<ZoneNumber>
    In this registry subkey, <ZoneNumber> is a zone such as 0 (zero). The 1200 registry entry and the 2000 registry entry each contain a setting that is named Administrator approved. When this setting is enabled, the value for the particular registry entry is set to 00010000. When theAdministrator approved setting is enabled, Windows examines the following registry subkey to locate a list of approved controls:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\AllowedControls
    Logon setting (1A00) may have any one of the following values (hexadecimal):

Monday, July 6, 2015 8:10 PM

Answers

• If the registry key doesn’t exist, we can create it. Here, we can manually create the key on one test machine to check if it achieves what we want. If it does,

we can try to deploy the registry key via Group Policy Preferences Registry extension to clients.

Regarding Group Policy Registry extension, the following article can be referred to for more information.

Registry Extension

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc771589.aspx

Note: Back up the Registry before we modify it, for serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly.

Friday, July 10, 2015 12:57 AM