none
Installed agent leave files behind in C drive RRS feed

• Question

• Can I know why installed agent leave files behind in C drive?

• Edited by Oneoa Wednesday, November 2, 2011 1:07 AM
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 1:07 AM

All replies

• Hi,

That is due to a bug in the installer for the VC redistibutable package that is a prerequisite for DPM. That code is owned by another group and they are working on the fix, but since it's packaged on the DPM installation media, we can't change the package even after they fix the installer bug.  In the meantime, you can safely delete those files.

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 3:37 PM
  • This is not appropriate remote push installer and by deleting will cause mistake by deleting other files and it probably accidentally deleting system files or other user data.

Can Microsoft list down all the files to here or other make statement for those what need to be delete?

I don't want to assume I highlighted on picture/screenshot above.

When this will be fix?

• Edited by Oneoa Thursday, November 17, 2011 12:51 AM
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 12:46 AM
  • Hi,

All the files dated 11-7-2007 can be safely deleted.

I checked the status of the VC Redist Setup bug and it has not been fixed yet.

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 7:55 PM
  • Files are created at 2007 now almost coming to 2012.

If count 2012-2007 = 5 years.

Sorry to asking this, is still working to fix it?

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 6:10 AM
  • Hi,

I'm only the messenger, the bug is owned by another group. I'm not privy to what their plan is to fix it.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 4:11 PM